Create Workspace through CWS

Posted Jul 05 by Martin Garibaldi.

Hello, I'm trying to create Workspaces through CWS with the DocumentManagement Client and the method CreateNode. I'm always getting the same error, no matter what I do: 'Select a valid template to create a business workspace. The template requires an associated workspace type'. How I am supposed to inform the template to the node?

The most promising thing that failed was retrieve a NodeTemplate (using the objId of the template) and fill the data of the node, but still failing.

Does any of you succeded while I failed?

Thanks in advanced.

4 Answers

BEST ANSWER: As chosen by the author.

Workspaces aren't very well supported via REST. Some versions seem to work and others don't. I did create some via some undocumented REST routes for a client last year. So obligatory warning - it's undocumented, you can't rely on it. It can change without notice.

So to check if it has changed use Fiddler or Chrome to check the transactions in the smart UI first.

I was using /api/v2/businessworkspaces/ and I posted a FormData object with:

• template_id
  • name
  • type (hard coded to 848)
  • parent_id
  • mime_type (hard coded to "Business Workspace")

There's a few other options available but as I didn't need them I haven't recorded what they were.

Mark, thanks a lot for your answer! The thing is that we are not using REST. We add an wsdl service: this one in concrete 'cws/services/DocumentManagement?wsdl'. I use the method CreateNode, but I don't know how to inform the template type.
Do you have experience with this kind of service?

Thanks in advanced

I looked around CWS but couldn't find any support for my scenario, so I ended up using REST. Shouldn't be too hard to use the REST API from either Java or C#. I've certainly used it from both C# and PowerShell.

The DocumentManagement WebServices can not create Business Workspaces.
You need to use the ECMLink WebServices that ship with Extended ECM.
You need to deploy the otsapxecm.war into a Tomcat then the WSDL would be at https://yourserver:yourport/otsapxecm/services/ECMLink?wsdl

You have subscribed and will receive email notifications of updates to this topic. To unsubscribe, uncheck the checkbox.

Statistics

Related categories

Related tags

Your answer

To leave an answer, please sign in.