Alchemy Error with Building Database and using createItem method

Posted Oct 01 by Arlette Rivera.

I have the next problems when Im trying to build my alchemy database

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at Alchemy.IBuilder.Build(Progress __MIDL_0122)

Also I have gotten sometimes (not happening always) an Acces Denied Error when I try to execute createItem method. I must to restart IIS in order to refresh the COM Alchemy objet. This should have been due access rights to folder or something like that but it is happening just the second chance after Alchemy can not instantiate the aclhemy objet.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
at Alchemy.IItem.CreateItem(AuPosEnum Position, String Path)

Any idea about the problem?

1 Answer

BEST ANSWER: As chosen by the author.

Similarly with https://developer.opentext.com/webaccess/#url=%2Fawd%2Fforums%2Fquestions%2F6674554%3Fid%3Dr6676720&tab=501

Hi Arletta,

Fortunately I was an Alchemy partner back in 2009, thus I am quite familiar with Alchemy, however I do not believe that Alchemy is part of the AppWorks family, I suggest you will need to try your dedicated OpenText Alchemy Support team, this site (developer.opentext.com) is dedicated for AppWorks platform development.

Regards, Andre

You have subscribed and will receive email notifications of updates to this topic. To unsubscribe, uncheck the checkbox.

Statistics

Related categories

Related tags

Your answer

To leave an answer, please sign in.