This article encompasses the release notes for AppWorks Gateway 16.7.0
These Release Notes provide an overview of AppWorks Gateway 16.7.0,
including new features, delivery information, and supported platforms.
OpenText recommends that you read these Release Notes in conjunction
with the documentation included with the software package. If any
conflicts exist, the Release Notes supersede the other documentation.
We also recommend that you check OpenText Developer
(https://developer.opentext.com/) for any patches or documentation
updates that may have been posted after the initial release of AppWorks
|Revision Date||Sections Revised||Description of Revisions|
|2016-03-31||First release.||All new content.|
|2016-10-31||Second Release||Updates for 16.0.1|
|2016-12-12||Third Release||Updates for 16.1.0|
|2017-04-28||Fourth Release||Updates for 16.2.0|
|2017-06-08||Fifth Release||Updates for 16.2.1|
|2017-10-31||Sixth Release||Updates for 16.3.0|
|2017-11-23||Seventh Release||Updates for 16.3.1|
|2018-01-31||Release Note Update||Update to Android supported versions|
|2018-02-06||Release Note Update||Update to iOS supported versions|
|2018-04-30||Eighth Release||Updates for 16.4.0|
|2018-11-31||Ninth Release||Updates for 16.5.0|
|2019-04-30||Tenth Release||Updates for 16.6.0|
|2019-07-02||Eleventh Release||Hot Fix 1 for 16.6.0|
|2019-11-31||Twelfth Release||Updates for 16.7.0|
The AppWorks Gateway is the Enterprise Application Development and
Management platform for OpenText. AppWorks allows you to quickly and
easily build purpose-specific apps for the Enterprise using the Web
apps, called AppWorks Apps, can connect to the OpenText EIM Suite using
a common RESTful API.
AppWorks Gateway 16 Includes the following new features.
AppWorks Gateway 16.0.1 Includes the following new features.
AppWorks Gateway 16.1.0 Includes the following new features.
AppWorks Gateway 16.2.0 Includes the following new features.
AppWorks Gateway 16.2.1 Includes the following new features.
AppWorks Gateway 16.3.0 Includes the following new features.
AppWorks Gateway 16.4.0 Includes the following new features.
AppWorks Gateway 16.5.0 Includes the following new features.
AppWorks Gateway 16.6.0 Includes the following new features.
AppWorks Gateway 16.7.0 Includes the following new features.
- Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) is replaced by Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM)
- AppWorks 16.4 Mobile and Desktop clients will work with AppWorks Gateway 16.5.0 and above but in order to use notifications, which in 16.5.0 and above use FCM, you MUST upgrade the clients to the 16.5.0 or above versions
Downloads and documentation for AppWorks Gateway 16.7.0 are available on OpenText Developer
The software and documentation for includes:
This section provides details about supported platforms, systems, and versions.
|Component||Version||Level of Support|
|Java JDK (X64)||1.8.0_221||C|
|Oracle Java JDK (X64)||11.0.4||S|
|OpenText Directory Services||16.4.3||C|
|OpenText Directory Services||16.6.0||S|
|Tomcat Application Server||8.5.46||C|
|Tomcat Application Server||9.0.26||C|
|Microsoft Windows Server||2012 R2||S|
|Microsoft Windows Server||2016||C|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux||7.6||C|
|Microsoft SQL Server||2017||S|
|Microsoft SQL Server||2016||C|
|Oracle Database||11G R2||S|
|SAP HANA||SPS 9||S|
|Native iOS Runtime Mobile Client||iOS 11.2 to 13.1.2||C|
|Native Android Runtime Mobile Client||Android 5.1 to 10||C|
|AppWorks MacOS Desktop Client||MacOS 10.15||S|
|AppWorks MacOS Desktop Client||MacOS 10.14||C|
|AppWorks Windows Desktop Client||Windows 10||C|
|AppWorks Windows Desktop Client||Windows 8.1||S|
C = Certified
This platform was used for regression testing with this release of the
AppWorks Gateway. Use of this platform is fully supported by OpenText
Customer Support for customers that have purchased product licenses.
S = Supported
This platform received limited testing for this release of the AppWorks
Gateway. Use of this platform is fully supported by OpenText Customer
Support for customers that have purchased product licenses.
Not Listed = Unsupported
This received no testing by OpenText. There may or may not be known
issues with this platform. Its use is not supported by OpenText Customer Support.
The section provides details about which versions of other OpenText
products are compatible with this release of AppWorks Gateway 16.
|Directory Services||16.4.3||For OAuth 2 and TFA support|
|Directory Services||16.6.0||For OAuth 2 and TFA support|
AppWorks Gateway is currently localized in the following languages. Future releases may add additional languages.
|Appworks Gateway Admin UI||B||P||P||P||P||P||P||P|
This section provides additional installation and upgrade information,
including related or third-party product information and any required
Before you install AppWorks Gateway, review these additional installation notes and verify related product or third-party product requirements.
- Ensure you are running the supported versions of Tomcat, Java, and your preferred Database
- Apache TomEE is NOT a supported platform for this release
- OpenText recommends running AppWorks Gateway on a dedicated server
- If you are using MySQL as the target database, ensure you set the setting of max_allowed_packet_length to a suitable value ( e.g. 1024M)
- When using an external database you must add the relevant JDBC drivers to the AppWorks Tomcat lib folder.
- Ensure you allocate at least 4096 MB to the Tomcat Java Maximum memory pool option ( -Xmx4096m )
- As part of the AppWorks Gateway installation package we include a modified Tomcat server.xml so make sure you take a backup of your existing server.xml before install and add any customisations you have made to the server.xml from the AppWorks Gateway installation package
- AppWorks Gateway 16.2 and above requires the use of the 16.2 or above versions of the iOS and Android Mobile clients
- AppWorks 16.2 to 16.7 mobile clients are compatible with 16.6,16.5,16.4,16.3, 16.2 and 16.1 versions of AppWorks Gateway.
- For full Gateway 16.5.0 and above compatibility you need to use the 16.6.0 or above desktop and mobile clients
- For macOS Desktop Notarisation support , with macOS Catalina ,you must use the 16.7.0 clients
- AppWorks Desktop Clients only support systems that support AppWorks OAuth 2 authentication.
- Hybrid apps must include the app.properties entry of type=app, desktop to be installable in the desktop client
- When using the oAuth 2 or OTDS non oAuth 2 authentication flow in the Gateway please ensure that the Gateway's server URL is resolvable from clients running the mobile or desktop clients.
- If you need to change the database used by the AppWorks Gateway please contact OpenText Support to request an update of the opentext.properties file with your new required settings
- When using the Android clients with HTTPS all servers must use a certificate chain that is FULLY trusted by the Android System trust store otherwise https connection will fail
- It is not possible to change the configured OTDS server post setup and therefore a change in OTDS server requires a fresh install of AppWorks Gateway
- If you are using SAML 2.0 authentication ,via OTDS, make sure you do NOT proxy OTDS via the AppWorks Gateway and your SAML 2.0 IDP must be using forms based authentication.
- If you use Outgoing rules in the AppWorks Gateway Proxy there is a known issue (OTAG-9475) and the workaround is to add
/ to the root of the match path, so in the above example, the outgoing rule must be configured “ /some/path”. Note, the default tenant name is OTAG, so if you're not running as a tenant (most likely scenario), the above example would be “/OTAG/some/path”
Before you upgrade, review these instructions.
Due to the changes in AppWorks 16 there is NO upgrade path from AppWorks 1.X to AppWorks 16.X
There is no upgrade path from AppWorks 16 to 16.0.1 or 16.1 or 16.2 or 16.2.1 or 16.3.0 or 16.4.0 or 16.5.0 if your database used is the embedded Derby version. A fresh installation is required. Also note that the embedded OTDS and Derby options are deprecated in 16.7.0
Upgrades from 16 to 16.01 or 16.1 or 16.2 or 16.2.1 or 16.3.0 or 16.4.0 or 16.5.0 with the other supported database platforms is supported
If you are upgrading directly from 16.1.0 to 16.3.0 there is an issue that requires an upgrade from 16.1 to 16.2.1 first and then an upgrade to 16.3.0). This is fixed in version 16.3.1 and above.
During Upgrade do not overwrite the opentext.properties file in Tomcat conf directory.
When upgrading to AppWorks 16.7.0 ensure you replace the otag-tomcat-listener jar file in Tomcat lib directory with the one from the 16.7.0 release. There should only be one otag-tomcat-listener jar in the lib folder for 16.7.0.
When upgrading to AppWorks 16.7.0 from 16.6.0 or 16.5.0 ensure you replace the otag-sdk-bus jar file in Tomcat lib directory with the one from the 16.7.0 release. There should only be one otag-sdk-bus jar in the lib folder for 16.7.0.
When upgrading from AppWorks 16.x to 16.7.0 ensure you remove the entire gateway folder from Tomcat-Home before extracting the AppWorks 16.7.0 zip bundle into Tomcat-Home directory.
In AppWorks 16.2 and above the two Notification related Database tables have been replaced by a new database table to improve performance. During the upgrade to AppWorks 16.2 or above the old data is not migrated to the new database but a migration process can be provided on request.
On Linux systems do not use Tomcat installed via a package manager as the AppWorks Gateway Tomcat.
All Services and components deployed must include the latest AppWorks SDK
If you are using OTDS 16.4.3 or above and you are NOT carrying out a fresh install of AppWorks Gateway 16.7.0 make sure you add the resource principal of the Gateway resource to the administrators of the Gateway's OTDS partition ( See Install documentation for details)
- If you are using AppWorks Services you may need to uninstall all services when upgrading to AppWorks Gateway 16.7.0 and then reinstall them once you have completed the upgrade to 16.7.0, this doesn't apply to app only deployments.
Stop the instance of Tomcat running the AppWorks Gateway 16.6.0 instance
Download the 'AppWorks-gateway-16.6.0-hotfix-001.zip' from the downloads page on developer.opentext.com and unzip to the Tomcat home directory e.g. /usr/local/tomcat/
Ensure that 'otag-camel-http4-2.22.4.jar' is in the '
Delete 'camel-http4-2.22.4.jar' from '
Delete the old 'otag-sdk-bus-16.5.5.jar' from '
Restart Tomcat and check the logs for a clean startup
AppWorks Gateway 16.0.1 contains the following fixes and improvements
|OTAG-4606||From Address ignored in Mail request|
|OTAG-4587||Settings API: Cannot update a setting with NULL value|
|OTAG-4646||Admin UI: Proxy Rules issue on Oracle Database|
|OTAG-4587||Settings API: Cannot update a setting with NULL value|
|OTAG-4608||Remote Wipe fixes|
|OTAG-4689||Proxy rules are not properly propagated across cluster|
|OTAG-4601||MDM policies are not correctly returned across a cluster|
|OTAG-4728||Service settings cleared on service update|
|OTAG-4792||Expired Bearer token yields an HTTP 500|
|OTAG-4841||Request GCM Refresh from Mobile Clients via Admin UI|
|OTAG-5628||Otag Audit table Details column has insufficient length|
AppWorks Gateway 16.1 contains the following fixes and improvements
|OTAG-5673||AWG Proxy: Proxy Server can proxy img path|
|OTAG-5755||AWG Proxy: Reordering of Proxy Rules causes duplication of rules|
|OTAG-5826||AWG Install: Issues with Installing with embedded OTDS option|
AppWorks Gateway 16.2.0 contains the following fixes and improvements
|OTAG-5957||AWG Proxy: Improvements to Proxy Server|
|OTAG-6232||AWG Server: Security Enhancements|
|OTAG-6140||AWG Server: Improvements to Notifications Event Storage and Processing|
|OTAG-5544||AWG Server: Partial Localisation of Admin Interface|
AppWorks Gateway 16.2.1 contains the following fixes
|OTAG-6585||AWG Admin Interface: Styling issues on login page|
|OTAG-6551||AWG Server: Enhancements to Apps Endpoint to support multi app types|
|OTAG-6550||AWG Admin Interface:Admin Interface incorrectly reports upgrades|
|OTAG-6569||AWG Proxy: Increase in HTTP Time-out to 60 seconds|
|OTAG-6614||AWG Gateway: Multicast cluster address is configurable|
|OTAG-6608||AWG Push Notifications API: Issues with Bulk sending of messages|
AppWorks Gateway 16.3.1 contains the following fixes
|OTAG-7165||Upgrade of Gateway from 16.1 to 16.3 directly fails|
AppWorks iOS Mobile Client 16.3.1 contains the following fixes
|OTAG-6987||iOS Document Provider: Issues with iOS 11 and Files app support|
|OTAG-7112||No iPhone X Support|
AppWorks Gateway 16.6.0 contains the following fixes
|OTAG-6313||TLS 1.1 / 1.2 support for SMTP|
|OTAG-8589||Gateway: Embedded OTDS does not work with Oracle or OpenJDK 11|
AppWorks Gateway 16.6.0 Hot Fix 1 contains the following fixes
|OTAG-9155||AppWorks Proxy chunked responses|
|OTAG-9152||Handling delete errors on app installation (Windows only)|
AppWorks Gateway 16.7.0 contains the following fixes
|OTAG-9368||Appworks GW 16.6 not handling HTTP request|
|OTAG-9369||Admin UI Proxy Rules : Unchecking a rule prevents rules lower down in the list from being parsed|
|OTAG-9358||AppWorks Gateway Admin UI : App Audience tab shows incorrect label|
|OTAG-9026||Admin UI Proxy Rules : Proxy Rule Name gets temporarily lost in UI|
|OTAG-9058||AppWorks Gateway: Unreleased resources|
|OTAG-9279||AppWorks Desktop: Blocking of repeated app download|
|OTAG-7429||Servlet3 based services incorrectly labelled in the Admin UI|
|OTAG-8591||Proxy: DELETE with body does not send body under OpenJDK 11|
|OTAG-9475||Gateway Proxy: Outgoing rules require tenant name at root of URL Match|
275 Frank Tompa Drive
Canada, N2L 0A1
My Support: https://knowledge.opentext.com
For more information, visit www.opentext.com
You need to sign in before voting.