How to use OTDS 16 RESTful API?

Posted Sep 21 by Feng Xiao.

hi, anyone can give me a basic idea how to use the OTDS RESTful API. Such as how to start, what the URL will be? I have experience of using RESTful API on content server, but no experience on OTDS RESTful API.
Thank you
Feng

1 Answer

BEST ANSWER: As chosen by the author.
  1. Request a OTCSTicket from api/v1/auth
  2. Attach the header ("OTCSTicket","{returned token from step 1}").
  3. Make your requests as you would with any other Rest API.

The Swagger documentation for the Content Server API is really good. I suggest that you start there.

Content Server V2 API Documentation.

Learning the general structure of the data was a little more of a challenge. Basically everything you see in the Content Server UI is a "node". Pretty much every request you send will involve a node id. This can be gained from using the api/v2/search?where={search term}&limit=1. You will then use the ID in the response. There are other ways of obtaining a Node ID I am sure but that is how I am using it. Once you have the Node ID you have access to a lot of the functionality.

The API is extremely robust. It has all the paging, sorting, and filtering built in. You can limit the amount of fields you want by passing &fields={desired fields} and you can even limit the properties that are returned on individual fields by making a call like &fields=desiredField{property1, property2} which is really helpful at reducing the amount of data that is returned.

I suggest you download Postman and just play around in the Swagger documentation.

You have subscribed and will receive email notifications of updates to this topic. To unsubscribe, uncheck the checkbox.

Statistics

Related categories

Your answer

To leave an answer, please sign in.